Monday, 11 August 2014

Public Service Announcement




It's been a minute, hasn't it? Well I just want to take another minute to thank anyone who has been reading these blog posts for joining us and vicariously living our experiences, through us on this Road to WrestleMania XXX. It has been a truly unique experience and I can say that I have lived and accomplished more than one of my dreams throughout this whole journey. What you may be wondering however, is why this minute has been so long. I'm about to explain that to you.

After returning from New Orleans, it took about 2 weeks to recover from everything we'd been through. We did 3 weeks of activity in just around about 1, as you'll soon find out. I wasn't kidding on the Facebook Page when I said I wouldn't know where to start, because at the time I just needed to catch my breath - as I would need it. Believe me it's gonna take a lot of breath (or maybe typing in this case) and energy to tell you everything. There are so many stories to tell. Memories that will span my lifetime.

On top of that I had some major technology downtime as I began to live like a caveman, in the sense  that my technology was failing me. Due to an incident with my laptop, which dropped with my charger still in it, I was unable to use it – and it’s still pretty dead sitting in the corner of my room. The laptop. The laptop which had all my tools, images and information on it. Mainly my tools which allow me to do what I do. That’s a pretty sucky feeling, and to add to that I had about 3 weeks with my phone in and out of repair from certain ‘internal software deterioration’ issues. You know how hard it is to meet up with people without a mobile phone? If you tell someone you’ll see them next Wednesday at 3pm, by the train station – you better be there! With no means of communication the only thing you have (as infamously pointed out by Tony Montana) is your balls, and your word.

In the midst of this I was also going through some serious considerations about the job I was in at the time. I’d spent over 5 years working for a bowling alley (with a glass ceiling) as a senior bartender, receptionist, and pretty much anything else they needed done for the same wage as Johnny-whats-his-face and I have some great (and not so great) memories there. At the end of the day I had made my mind up - I wanted to pursue my career, rather than continue working at a job. To be completely honest, after New Orleans I knew I wouldn’t stick around for long. After the wonders and possibilities I had seen, I could no longer remain in a place where dreams go to die.

Having said all that, I think that one of the main reasons for why I didn’t continue writing posts and complete the Road to WrestleMania XXX blog as soon as I could was because I knew that as soon as it was done, it would all be over. Something didn’t feel right about doing it, something in the timing was off for me, so I didn’t. Maybe I wasn’t ready? Maybe I had thought it would sound really rushed? Maybe you wouldn’t understand what I was trying to convey? Maybe I was going through a creative block? I couldn’t get it out for a while, nor find the motivation to force it out. But at the same time, I didn’t want to take so long that the memories would fade away from that HDD in my brain. Don’t worry people, I took notes ;) There’s always a plan B, because it’s Best for Business.

I hope that you as a reader, understand that I am trying to offer you an explanation. If you still don’t get it – that’s fine, but I’m not taking my apology back – because I offer no such thing in the first place. When this all started out, it was supposed to be a journal that I could go back and look at when I’m old and grey and say, “So that’s what I was doing that day!”. That somehow evolved along the way when I received praise on what I was writing, the wrestling fans were actually enjoying it! The pageview feedback was steadily climbing. Now the audience wasn’t just Rihan and I. Why not take everyone on our journey with us?

From meeting the nWo, to being inspired at a Diamond Dallas Page seminar, all the way to Rihan breaking the news of Sting’s first appearance after leaving TNA which spread over the internet overnight like wildfire (YES people. We broke the news here first) – We've had one hell of a ride (including everything in between those events) that if you would have asked me about even a year ago, I would have said you were crazy even to think that we would do such things. Yet here we here. *Blows out lantern*

Now it’s almost time for that journey to culminate. But before we continue, I must express the following things. The opinions and experiences you will encounter from here on out are our own. They may at times follow no particular order. They may at times have nothing to do with Pro Wrestling. I do however have every intention to make them either entertaining or informative, and in the best case scenario – both. Results may vary. You may have been in Nola that week and may choose to add more to what you read here, by all means feel free to leave comments about your own experiences. Especially if they compliment mine :)

Going forward, you can expect pieces of the puzzle to be dropped at 9pm (GMT) every Monday night. Ideally that should be enough time for you to check it out before RAW every week. The best part is, I won’t even be charging £9.99 for it! Completely free of charge. Why? Because it’s best for business. Which I might revise for WrestleMania 32. But we’ll get to that later…

Last of all, before I forget, I really do hope that if you enjoyed reading the posts up until now, and if you chose to continue reading – I really do hope that you enjoy reading what is yet to come, with the final instalments of this blog. Through our experiences, I hope you enjoy the conclusion of The Road to WrestleMania XXX Blog.

Maybe now, the time is finally right to tell the story…

AS ALWAYS. STAY TUNED!
Thanks for taking the time to read,
The Best is yet to come.
Mau (10/08/14) 02:50

Wait I almost forgot... If I'm not mistaken, I promised a little sneak peak of the custom T-shirts we had designed. We went with the Evolution theme, since there were four members of Evolution, and four of us going to New Orleans. A lot of time and effort went into creating these Ts, which is why when they were finally finished and I went to pick them up - I was proud as anything to discover them being displayed in the shop window :) Evolution had just passed you by.




No comments:

Post a Comment